Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I like My Work

I like My Work!

I have then Philadelphia trip next week. It’s so close now I am becoming nervous. I hate operations that I have to coordinate with another State department. These guys are supposed to be cutting my travel allowance so I am relying heavily on them.  The word is that we are supposed to get our check in the mail and as yet nothing has come and tomorrow is Thursday followed by Friday and we fly out on Sunday. So really only two working days left to iron out any problems which might arise.  I am sure Murphy’s law will raise it’s ugly head before this adventure is over. But, my co worker was just in my office wanting me to make sure that I take any time I earn next week.  This is a gray area for me—how do you count timed earned at conferences? Not only am I doing my eight working hours but I am away from my home the other two thirds of the day as well. Actually this is not a big deal for me but my co-worker seems to me most anxious that I get everything that is owed me. So I leave for Philly on Sunday do I count flying time as well as hotel time on Sunday? Then I am at conference from Monday to Tuesday back Tuesday afternoon. So can I take off the rest off the week because of all the hours over I earned?? A whole week!?!  I don’t want to be off the rest of the week. I want to be back in my office, behind my desk working on my system answering phones. Maybe a little time might be nice but the whole rest of the week. So, now, I need to corner the bookkeeper and see what the “reg”s are for earning and using  \amassed time. It seems like she hates tome here where I love(sorta) to be here. I need to be here. The phones need to be answered and the information disseminated.   I have meetings to be at the day after I get back and other commitments already in the works. If I can maybe I’ll take a day at the end of the week or maybe the following the Monday.  I just want to get this trip over .



No comments: