Thursday, August 14, 2008

Grrrrzip




I have been struggling with my computer all day long trying to get this calendar on my webpage to update. We got the new software a few months ago, the software was supposed to make the job of keeping the calendar current easier then what we were having to do—which was contact our web design guy each time we want to change the calendar which was very exasperating but now what I am having to do is even worse. I have to develop list of my calendar updates, then zip these files up and then email it to the web designers.

I used “winzip” when I first got the calendar software. I remember when “Winzip” seemed to be everywhere now a person has to actually by the software. I got a ‘trial license’ where winzip lets you use the software free for forty-five days. I used it a couple of times for got about it. Today I am trying to use the software again but, the message I get is that I have to buy the license,. I even tried totally removing the software from my system and then downloading an new ‘Trial’ but winzip has some way to let them know I have already used the time allotted for free trial.

So now I am going to have to move heaven and earth for a $29.00 piece of software that I use a couple time a month..grrrrrr!

No comments: