Friday, August 22, 2008

Letting go




Mark A and Jasmine were over this morning to load the lawn mower into the van so we could take it down to the Sears Trouble Center, where one takes broken Sears products. We were hoping against hope that the Maintenance agreement we had on the lawn mower would somehow pay for the repair of our nearly new, fine nearly new red lawn mower. But of course no such luck and we looked at the machine every way we could, even if we buy the parts for the repair and Mark A can do the repair the cost will still be close to the cost of a new machine, with a warranty. I think Mark A was a bit crestfallen, he really wanted to tear into the machine. He still may get to do it; we have not discussed the final disposition of the red cutter of grass. Mark A has even suggested buying the machine from us then doing the repair.

The point is people just cannot let go. The machine looks to nice to be so mortally wounded. It just does not seem right that mower now is basically worthless. John the guy at the shop said if we left the mower with him at the shop he would throw it away for us. Dianne wants to list the item on EBAY or donate it to charity for a donation slip, Mark A wants to tear the machine apart and I just want to get on to the next life event and put this behind me. I want a new (workable) lawn mower by next Spring/Summer and not have to fret over the whole thing any more. So we brought the mower back and again the mower sits next to the house, on the sidewalk leading to the front steps where, I dare say, the machine will remain all winter.

With the lawn mower adventure out of the way I continued with my adventure downtown. Drove the van up to the train and trained down to City Center stop.

I was headed up to State street and as I came on to state and headed South I noticed two Brinks armored truck parked in front of the US Treasury. There was some sort of innocent transfer of funds going on. I just sat in the shade of the LDS Social services office and looked suspicious. When I noticed one of the suits wearing sunglasses noticing me I decided ,why not have little fun? So, I whipped out my Nikon and started taking images. I really wanted to get a pix of the guard holding the tommy gun(automatic weapon). I took images of the Treasury Bank, the Federal Building across the street I am sure some where, on a building, a lamp pole or even the Brinks truck themselves cameras where whirring a way taking roles of images of a slightly middle aged, overweight crip wearing a blue T shirt and baseball who seemed to be very interested in the goings on at the US treasury Bank.

No comments: