Saturday, August 09, 2008

Working on the Weekend

Its Saturday morning, it’s hot, my butt hurts and I am trying to develop( with the help of Dianne) an annual report to assist me in defusing a “Boss Bomb” which landed in my email earlier this week. Nothing too dreadful just wanting to see the annual report I should have had done weeks ago. It’s my own fault I admit it is just a tough way to spend my weekend, my three day weekend, thanks to Governor Huntsman. Thanks to Dianne’s assistance I am a lot further along then I would have been. If Dianne had not been here I would be a miserable puddle of goo right now. I still have miles to go before I sleep but at least I can see the barn. I have lots of writing to do and some more numbers to tumble but I should have multi-paged document to for the Boss to checkout on Monday.

The wound on my left but cheek still is bothering me fiercely. I have had this wound for over a year now and the thing just refuses to heal. The wound has become chronic and there for so have I. I tried staying off the wound for a whole day earlier this week and I could not handle it. So the next step I am taking is going back to the wound clinic! As much as I hate medical facilities I am at the point that I have to do something with this wound, Dianne and I have been diligently fighting all year, before it metastasizes into something even more alarmingly deadly. I know, its one of those situations where I say I cannot afford to take time to attend to the problem and the good doctor says something like “you cannot afford to ignore this issue. If you think you’re missing work now wait till this thing goes septic…” so hopefully Pain Clinic on Wednesday.

Yesterday when Ani and I went on or “walk” I stopped at the credit union to get some cash for the “walk” and I figured , why not since I was there ask someone about a loan for a vehicle repair. And there was Michael; all dressed down in his Friday casuals emailing someone something. Michael raised a finger as I initiated conversion meaning “ I’ll be with you in just one second.” And he was, Michael was great paying attention to me and flirting with Anakah. He took my information, ran the numbers and said I was most likely good for two thousand dollars which would hopefully cover the van repairs. We got all the way to the end loan application process and the bank guy who does the final approvals was out to lunch—which was OK because I was just kicking tires but I know the loan is there when and if I need the money next week when the cousin gets done with the van. The van may have been ready last night but why fuss. I just get it next week. I gotta go tumble numbers and write

No comments: