Sunday, March 08, 2009

Qwest Sucks

My Posts have been fewer then usual partly because the pressures at the office has been a little greater—but not much but really my posts from home have been down to almost nothing, the reason: QWEST!! Our home connection has been broken more and more. I usually let this slip during the week since I have little time for INTERNETTING during the week and I am fortunate enough to be able to post from the office but on the weekends I have only my home connection.

We went to Qwest for our INTERNET before Christmas. The I provider we had been using, had been dropping our connection more and more and I had enough so when Qwest offered a great Direct TV and INTERNET del we took it. From the on set we had problems either connecting or staying connected. I would struggle every time I tried to connect. Struggle because the ability to connect was intermittent: some times we were able to connect and sometimes note. We were told that the problem was where are located some thing about being at the end of the “cable ” junction what ever that is. Essentially everyone before us would get service and “fill up” the pipeline. So they were saying that we would get service only when the demand was not too extreme. Then it seemed last week were not getting any service at all.
So finally Friday I had had enough and was grousing round the house Dianne called Qwest yelled at them for a while and bright and early Friday morning and yesterday, bright and early a technician pounded on my door. I of course was the only one up—not dressed at all—had to endure the guy as he worked out side and replaced some wiring he said was bad coming into the house, by the time I was dressed enough to let him in the house he had left and still not connection. Luckily I still had the tech’s number on the home phone, called the tech back and he returned and this time came into the house and reset the settings on the “mother ship” and we had connection!

I happily worked on the system for then next couple of hours, banking, Facebooking and posting and then took a break, washed some dishes, helped with some housecleaning, called a mother and a daughter then when I tried to get back on the INTERNET…no connection!! I tried till late into the night with no results. The same this morning, no connection, Anakah came over for breakfast and after in an attempt to keep her occupied we traveled up to Bean and for a little distraction and people watching then over to the dying Office Depot and got a few more things on sale and I saw a small cherry wood secretary which would be just perfect for my front room writing area. I probably will not get it but the secretary would be nice.

When we finally arrived home, I decided I would write a post even if I had to wait till I got to the office in the morning and post from there. I tried the connection voila! I was connected. So I don’t know what to think. I am writing this and I am going to post as quickly as possible but I think I am beginning to hate Qwest.

No comments: