Sunday, March 15, 2009

slow It Down

I was reading Dr Au ’s blog today. I check on the good doctor’s blog almost everyday. I have forgotten how long I have followed I have followed her blog, at least four years, since medical school. So, in a since I have watched her grow from a brainy medical student to doc to resident etc. She married and now has two kids and has moved from New York City to Atlanta. Today’s post was the inevitable where does time go? Post.

Dr Au is still young, has a cute family, a fine practice and the promise of a great life. I, on the other hand,, am coming to end of my life. Oh, I hopefully, still have a few good years left but for the most part I am close to the “happy trails” time. I am two years away from 60 and that makes a person think. Where did it all go? All of the time I thought I had, all the things I was going to do, to be, have a pretty much passed. It’s OK, I am OK and I am loving the life I have. I have a great family, great wife, job, house, van , robin in the front yard and neighbors. I am in reasonably good health and have some interesting projects going on. I am happy and that is all I need. Still, I need to slow the time relish every bit of time I have left. I am excited about tomorrow the start of another week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, you are not going anywhere for a long time. i swear, between you and claire!...see you tomorrow...