Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Another Day on the 12th Floor.

Tears from the 12th floor

 Surprisingly, it was another good day here on the 12th floor I may have to be careful and change the title from this mini series of blogs I am doing from the 12th floor of IMC Hospital in Murray Utah. I passed a good night surprisingly again, I slept all the way through until 6 o'clock pretty much. I'm not going to give the credit to the new fluid schedule that has been posted on my wall but maybe there is something to to the schedule and the ability to sleep through the night . the major issue I'm having with the schedule is that it's have to drink like 8 glasses of water a day anyone who knows me knows I can't tolerate that much water but then again there I go being a boob and not seeing the benefit this all might be for me. So what I think I'm going to do is drink as much as I can close to the schedule and see if it does significantly bring out better sleeping periods. I mean I can always change my fluid consumption at another point in time.

My mornings started for me like 8:30 when I have an ADL class I actually work at getting dressed. I work at this while in the bed and it really is a workout really great cardiovascular for sure and seems to take forever I am so pleased the OT who's working with me takes the time for me to explore all the different options. Tomorrowm I'm going to try to dress like I did in the old days out of my manual chair. I can tell already the added weight does greatly affect how independent I'm going to be. if I think about the weight issue and other things too long ever going to get somewhat depressed as far as thinking of how I'm going to come out of this situation. Once again I really wowed the crowd down at the gym on the mat. Today I pulled myself from the prone position to my kneeling position and then I climbed up a chair so I was like straight up and down kneeling up. That's something that done many times before at earlier times in my life perfectly and trying to get myself back into the wheelchair the manual wheelchair. So, I was able to pull it off but again staff was just totally impressed and I didn't think it was all that much. I did have lunch today in the dining area and actually sat with another individual patient. She is a stroke person and she came up and sat with me I was somewhat surprised at that. Her name is Jeannie it seems a little bit spooky but it's pretty nice. She has a small farm out in Draper actually it's an acreage but she has some beasts and such which qualifies that's a far much more than our one chicken run around independently did.

Sometimes I get good feelings about what's going on here and other times I get somewhat depressed because I can see the handwriting on the wall and I don't like it very much. Butt we have committed to getting through this trial one day at a time One Challenge at a time and sometimes that's all you can do..

No comments: