Monday, March 14, 2016

Tears from the 12th Floor

( this should have been posted yesterday but for some reason my tablet as been going bonkers on the 12th floor)

I am here I am actually at IMC Medical Center on the 12th floor , on the rehab unit. I have been here two days now and it feels like I've been here forever. It was a trip getting this thing accomplished at the end of the sniff time but we all got together and here I am. Got me here on the weekend meant that I have an unreal vision of what OT in PT will be like in the days to come. Most of the therapy that I've gotten has been orientational / accessing my abilities and my needs. So it'll be different when I actually get into real therapy. However today was kind of an indication in that the PT actually had me doing stuff I had never done before in an effort to strengthen my left side. I can really see this was helpful and really gives me a little bit of Hope this experience might be more positive then I anticipated. I just might be able to strengthen my left side back to some form of normality that would be too cool.

My room is small of course , it is a hospital room what do you think I have a great View of the city looking to the north which is kind of fun. I can see where Main Street takes off about 45th South and go straight North to really a great scene. kind of weird being here for therapy and using all the sidewalks and walk areas for therapeutic uses like yesterday the OT had me driving my chair all around the sidewalks of the hospital kind of weird that I did really good I mean like what else am I supposed to be doing? I mean I use of wheelchair / power chair everyday day in and day out I better be good or better be dead. I've been having my meals in my room everyday. They do say they have a common area where the meals can be served and I tried to use this area as a dining area but nobody else ever showed up. I would like to have some serve social experience but doesn't really look like it it's going to happen while I am here. Particularly since a lot of the folks who are here are major head injuries sad but true so I'm going to focus on just strengthening and getting on .

Dianne and the kids got in last night fairly early I'm surprised they got in when they did but it was good to have them back in the area. They didn't come out last night I didn't think that they should they are all pretty exhausted from the long trip. However they did come up today and it was good to see him all I mean it was just anakah Bridget and Dianne but it was fun to see him and talk with them it's been awhile. Dianne even was able to join me in some of my physical therapy and she seemed quite impressed with what I was able to do. Dianne certainly made me feel good.

So I'm in my new place and I'm doing okay. Dianne and family are home and that's great so all I have to do now this focus on getting better and waiting for the spring to come to CVS the new season will bring

No comments: