Thursday, March 17, 2016

Meat on Their Plate

Tears from the 12th floor

Nothing reminds me more of how much physical disability and Industry then being here at the neuro rehab spinal cord injury facility. It's kind of fun to see how these folks try to regard themselves as Humana is humanistic and really outgoing to serve the person with the spinal cord injury. In the final solution everything in the rehab boils down to just time, time charged out is money collected.

This morning was a good example it was a bugger of a morning, now my mornings are completely buggers , because I'm having to dress every morning or try to dress every morning and it's a thing that wears a person out. Seriously I start out buck naked on the bed trying to figure out how to get the clothes on my feet and my pants pulled up. This is a focused energy session that can go up to an hour it seems . It is so hard trying to sit up and then trying to negotiate pants over my feet then pulling them up over my legs. There are times I feel that possibly could cry it becomes so frustrating. my therapist gives me plenty of support and reinforcement but I know that's just what it is reinforcement tell the kid he's doing good maybe he'll do better. I struggled and struggled this morning but as the time got close to the hour I can sense the therapist getting antsy and finally he agreed to help me pull on the rest of my pants and then transfer over to my chair. The golden hour was up you had to go and reinforce somebody else and that's okay I know the dance I had my partner and now it's time to move on.

 I know time is money and I know I am making money for the operation here I just wish the professionals would be just a bit more aware we are the meat on their plate the protein that lets them play after work.


Tears from the 12th Floor

No comments: