Friday, March 11, 2016

I Don't Know What To Think!!!

My started the day the with a bit of trepidation , I wasn't sure what the day would bring but knew I had to get through the day just the same. I finished packing the room after breakfast and begin waited for the driver to get to the facility and I finally got everything together, the driver got there got the van packed and drove me over to the facility. I was pretty Jack'd at this point. I was met by one of the women I talked to  yesterday about transitioning into this facility the intake nurse. She gave me some pointers I thought would help out now I have second thoughts but even then I don't know if it would have made much difference. basically she said to under sell myself as far as my abilities go and its what I made sense at the time. She essentially said to show her the weakest side of my abilities in the hopes that you be able to gain skills and muscle while here.

I finally met with the intake doc around 5:30 or 6 p.m. the doc is an OK guy he is just doing his job. I pretty much was open about my disability band he was pretty straightforward with his impression. Essentially he doesn't think I am going to progress too much while I'm here - - he's thinking 2 to 3 weeks at the max. I will work, primarily on some skills like transferring dressing things like that but that's about it. He does not think I will be able to gain any strength to speak so that will help with what I need to be doing And he says I will not be able to ever get to the point of Independence I enjoyed  before the first stenosis operation back in January of 2014 and he feels I will need a significant level of assistance from this day forward IE Home Health Care alright got the impression that he won't turn me loose unless that happens just pretty damn scary. This of course is stuff I'm going to have to speak with Dianne about who pretty much wants me to be totally independent again. I do not know what will happen if I cannot reach that pinnacle of physical success . I really might have to consider some form of LTC if we cannot get affordable home health healthcare. Dianne and I have a lot to consider and to talk about when she gets home in a couple days from California. I think I'm going to hate this place when all said and done.



No comments: