Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Weekend

Tears from the 12th floor


Saturday ,The Weeknd a time to slow down do something different , enjoy the ride. The same holds true in the rehab industry. Today should have been a slow day and it kind of was but because of some weird issues going on about the rehab but because of some weird issues going on about Therapy sessions scheduled so close together that I was not able to shave or even cath I had finish my pt way late in the afternoon ans I guess that is alright but I did feel like it was a regular rehab day. I did find some time to steal away downstairs and sit in the sunlight for a short while but I did feel like it was a regular rehab day. It was good feeling the solar heat on my face.

I was surprised to see that even though I have a reduced day of therapy they had smashed all the therapy sessions together which is a bit frustrating plan the nursing side of the coin is trying to managed by urinary output. Therefore I am supposed to be in taking fairly large amounts of fluid during this time which means I'm going to be urinating I'm having to urinate afterwards at some point in time comma therefore I don't need to drain at some point and as it turns out right during the time I need to be out of my chair on the mats and one can imagine that time consumption it takes two then to be back in my chair and get back to my room. So what happened today was that as I was going into physical therapy after a strenuous morning of ADL occupational therapy Kama I had to excuse myself and head back to the room to catheterize. So what this ended up doing was taking another half hour session what physical therapy to the afternoon which I guess is ok but I was kind of looking forward to a major block of space or I could do nothing but maybe sit in the Sun.

So I wonder if this is an age-old battle between nursing and the Therapies. Not saying that's the nursing system is ratchet based but still they tend to push their will over that of the therapies and of course the consumers the one caught in the middle ... as always. And then if you have consumer such as I who is trying to be compliant then you're really caught in a bind. I really want to be in therapy I really want to be on the mat and doing the things I need to be doing to get my self out of here and make myself independent on the homefront. I can't do that if I'm shooting myself in the foot by trying to maintain this crazy schedule.


No comments: