Wednesday, November 09, 2016

On My Own – – Sort of



I know I'm going on and on about living on my own, living in the apartment and digesting to all the love. What I'm finding this challenge of adjustment is like everything else which is happening to me at this point in my life. Starting out a new at 65 is a totally different experience of starting out at 30, My age when I had my first divorce. I was working full-time and had a couple good friends who helped me through this. Working full-time is really insists – – I didn't realize how much – – not having to deal with the pain/boredom/futility of being alone. Going through this now, being much more dependent than I have ever been since my accident, having to employ on health people and keep myself occupied and out of trouble really is a challenge. I few things in a weekly basis that I do excuse me focused sort of but then there's all kinds of time I have which is kind of like downtime that I feel I should be doing something and I'm not. I'm proud of myself in that I'm not watching a lot of TV I did go through number of red boxes last week but those movies are kind of unfulfilling. I'm glad that I have read boxes close as I do but I think I'll wait on them and watch them only on special occasions.


I'm kind of proud of myself. I have begun cooking earnestly. I note that I'm cooking a lot of starches and fats but I'm eating cautiously and stretching out a can of Corned beef for a number of meals rejecting puts me in my 1800 cal a day cycle. I purchased bacon, eggs some vegetables not much though raw vegetables, Carrots celery and onions. I Even purchased a pack of steaks which I froze Except for one After marinating way too long. It's pretty salty and still pretty tough. I don't know when going to do with the rest of the states I think you have three more in the freezer. I may get a hammer and pound the toughness out just for the fun of it. I still have a number of meals and going to prepare this week. Most spectacular is going to be this roast I purchased earlier in the week. Beautiful pot roast that I am going to cover with Lipton soup then cook for 6 to 8 hours in my crockpot. This should be a lot of fun make the place now really great inhibitions that eat for a couple of days. The meat is way more than I need I feel guilty that way but I figure I'll do okay. What about the roast I also bought 2 pounds of hamburger 1 pound I froze that I want to make into a meatloaf the other I fried up with onions and garlic and have been using it with Corn tortillas and purchased about the same time. Cottage cheese and grapes, bananas and orangesI'm doing okay for being 65 and on my own. I doubt I could have done any of this on my own say havingthe help from family and friends has made all the difference. I hope I can sustain this level of independence soon earlier I'm going to fail,, I'm making what can you expect? But it won't be today.

No comments: