Saturday, January 14, 2006

Another holiday week

Another holiday weekend!  Eight hours tacked on to the weekend for my use anyway I desire-with in limits. No expendable to speak of, the house needs dire attention and the regular weekend chores need done: washing, grocery shopping dishes etc. The bonus hours give the illusion hat they can be completed with time to spare. So, I am messing with some of the Christmas booty I have not had time to play with until now.  I  got myself a Seagate massive storage device with some of my web page earning.  This device hold 5.0 gigs of information. I am downloading tons of information, as I type, to transfer onto my lap top.  I am going to try to move huge  program files and data files which have been too awkward for my short attention span and skill level before now. Sort of exciting—I just hope this is going to work. It’s weird that after I purchased this device I suddenly realized I have a dvd burner on this system which should allow me to burn disks with up to 4.7 gigs of information—nearly as much as I capability with my new Seagate device.  Still the Seagate is simpler to use and much more convenient to use. This device also will allow me to carry these huge files back and forth in my backpack  to work and other places where such files might exist. Besides, I wanted a new toy, I had the money to purchase such device and I was not sure when I would have the disposable income and the balls again to lay out for such a purchase.    

I have been on the train all week, going back and forth from work. I have my jazzy 1121 back in service and I feel fine. I am thankful to have the older Jazzy but truly the machine, though swifter then 1121, is much more squirrelly and possibly dangerous.  The van still is need of attention. The lift is scary and possibly dangerous. I think the worst of the cold weather is past.
And I can get back and forth to work OK…However, I am aware there is going to be a need for some after hours work and distant work I am going to have to use the van. So, I am going to drop the vehicle of at Mobility Solutions, maybe Monday, and have them work on the bridge plate.  This will give a few more months of lift durable van transportation. I do need to get another lift as soon as possible.

So, this first day of my extended holiday weekend, I’m washing and folding clothes, transferring data and reading. I continue to saw away at the King The Stand. I am enjoying the novel but it is taking me forever to get through. I want to cook another casserole for this evenings meal and do another movie. Tomorrow we want to take in  Broke Back Mountain I am a little unsure about the movie but  a couple of people I work with have gone and want to discuss the movie with me and Dianne also wants to go. Monday I don’t know.  I have my quarterly Advisory Board meeting first thing Tuesday morning and I m kinda a nervous about that. I am fairly prepared for it thanks to CC and her efforts.  I’ll just have to go in with my shields up.

No comments: