Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Jazzy is done

The Jazzy is done—replacement of the motors: motors no cost, labor $60.00 does not seem right but that is the way it is. I am going to try to submit the labor charges on my insurance and see what they do. The worst the insurance carrier could do is deny the claim I feel it’s worth a shot. Dianne brought my manual wheelchair into work so I have my chair here now. Since Dianne was here we checked Magic Rest and finally connected. So, she will go home get the van and go to Magic Rest to pick-up the Jazzy
I will be grateful to have my Jazzy 1121 back and useable. Where I have enjoyed the speed and relative comfort of the Jazzy 1120 I am using today, the fact of it’s advanced age and that it is pretty “squirrelly” to drive. I don’t think I realized how squirrelly the machine is but the 1120 has got me by.
One piece of technology done one to go. I need to take my van in to have the lift looked at to see what we can to extend the life on the lift. I would like to have the lift for the holiday not that I am planning anything of consequence I would just like to have the option t travel if I am so moved. If I can get my van in tonight or tomorrow maybe they could have something done by end of work tomorrow…I better not hold my breath. I can actually use the van if I am very careful. So much to do. I have just a half a day left before the weekend. So, that means I have just half a day before my Advisory Board meeting which will be Tuesday at 9:30 am. I have been tumbling numbers and getting things ready for the meeting all week. We are about ready for what ever shall come. We’ll put a few final touches on the materials and well be set to go. I am not sure how smooth this meeting will go. We are having some visitors to this month meeting but I am not expecting anything too severe. I am also aware there are some folks in the community who are taking “pop shots” at this agency or our parent program. I would like to be aware of any fires which might pop up before Tuesday’s meeting.

Looks like the last meeting of the day is breaking up just beyond my door. One of the participants of this group is one of the group who my be turning adversarial to my program has been facing me just got up and drug her chair across the group and now has her back to me…am I reading too much into this? This person is in her early 60’s feels she is quite the guru in the local disability community. I wonder.

I noticed the other day when I took my jazzy home from work, the hours of sunlight are discernibly longer—not by much but enough to give me heart the days of heat and long light are near.

No comments: