Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Searching

Searching

The wheelchair lift I use to access and exit my van with deteriorated again last night, now , to the point of danger to ho every might use the lift. I think I have sprung the lift gate so bad the limit switchers are no longer working as they should. For example, when the automatic doors open on the van the lift gat should deploy—the lift gate will not deploy at this time. This is , of course, somewhat intermittent so, I could, perchance, lift myself up and roll into the van but then the lift gate would not stow and I again would be helpless with a lift gate sticking, both doors open. I need to get my van over to Mobility Solutions. I spoke with Justin and he will look at the bridge-plate to see what he can to extend the life on this lift a while longer. I however, need to start looking earnestly for a more permanent solution.
Now, Justine has a use lift(practically brand new) in the shop which he will sell me. I will be lucky if I can get this lift for less then $3000.00: that is as lot of tacos. Once I know the installed price I can next start generating funding. I really plan to “kick the dirt” to see what can come up with—I really want to stay out of debt as much as I can. I don’t think I could tolerate sinking another couple grand into debt. So, I am going to brush up my teeth and slick back my hair and see what I can do in the personal fund raising department. Even a couple of hundred off could be or would be helpful.

No word on the motor for my Jazzy. I called yesterday and they felt the part would be in today but I have not heard anything yet. I am in my old Jazzy which I forgot how much I like. This Jazzy is a lot swifter then my new jazzy and this always bugs me. It’s 1:00 o clock, even if the part came in this afternoon there would be no way for me to pick up the chair today less I managed to get to Magic Rest, switch chairs , leaving this chair there until I can figure out how to recover my back-up chair. I must be patient all things tend to work themselves out given enough time.

I got my teaching slot covered for this evening by one of the guys here at the office. This guy is more disabled then I am but he has a much better chair then I have. His chair actually holds a charge. I too off over lunch and went into the city. By the time I got back my energy level was into the red zone. This is not good. I mean I had this charging charging for two day. When I took off this morning I showed full charge on both of my batteries. By the time I got to work tI had worked through the green zone and I blasted through the tan zone over lunch and I went only six or seven block! Granted these are Salt Lake City blocks but still charged batteries should last longer then this. Everyone else I know get much better battery mileage then I do. Am I a whiner?

No comments: