Sunday, May 18, 2008

I Want My Widget

I should be doing my performance evaluation but I am not. I have just spent two hours trying to install a “Widget” on my blog. I had the thing just the way I wanted it but then I did something, I don’t know what, and the image and twitter box disappeared. So I went back and messed round till I got something close to what I want. This was after I did an afternoon BBQ which was OK and I was led to an epiphany I don’t like cooking the prepared or small meats and meat products like hot dogs, chicken tenders or even chicken wings. What I really long to cook on my grill is big meat like briskets, roasts and ribs. Steaks are OK everything else is kid stuff, finger food. I made enough to send a bag home with Auni when she leaves and still have enough protein for me to have materials for lunch all week long. Next week I think I’ll do some Mexican flat meat or maybe a flank steak. I really like flat meat something I can cut strips off of all week long .

In truth everything I have done today has been an exercise in procrastination to keep from having to come to grips with my performance evaluation. It may not be right but it is just the way it is. I think I hear my novel calling me.

No comments: