Monday, May 05, 2008

Like Aliens


Friday night just about dark there was a terrible screeching in the neighborhood and when the screeching stopped and I peeked out the front door there was catapillar backhoe tractor parked infront of the neighbors house across the street.

A backhoe, parked across the street, just before dark was surreal. It looked like a dinosaur waiting for a neighbor to walk past walking the dog. Saturday morning with daylight the steel beast was still there and would remain for the rest of the weekend.

The weather yesterday was perfect, dry and almost hot in the direct sun. I burnt my head. I am so pathetic, but I love the hot weather allowing me to visit at length with my neighbor on his back porch speculating as too the work destined for the equipment parked out front in the street. The neighbor thinks it’s the City laying more water lines(pipe) which of course it is the CITY laying more pipe but sometimes I just wish it were more. Like Aliens

No comments: