Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Marsha's Lunch


Today we had a lunch honoring one of our workmates who recently received an award from the Governor. We had lunch at Market street Grill. Market Street Grill is a high end easting spot catering to the upward mobile professional not necessarily to State employees but Market is where we ended up today.

Since I was in my power wheelchair I took off early and zipped over to the Market to secure a table. I was wearing my tattered hood and my back pack between my legs I looked like warmed over homeless. But I got the table. I told the waiter guy we were expecting 7 or 8 folks. I swear I did not mislead intentionally--I get confused. However the waiter set out their famous sour dough bread for eight folk--we had lots.
This is the kind of place where there specials is $10.00 and everything goes up in price from there and Market Street's big offering is fresh fish, well, as fresh as you can get in Utah being a landlocked state. The boss bought lunch up to $10.00 if the meal cost more we paid the difference. I found a hamburger which turned out to be OK and I drank water with lemon.

It was a good day and a good lunch. We missed Chapman, our staff member who could not make itto work today staying home with her sick daughter, maybe next time.

No comments: