Saturday, May 31, 2008

Working Hot Saturday

It is hot today. 80 plus degrees. Today is the “official” Memorial Day but this county has already celebrated the day earlier this week because Monday fit better into the workers mindset. No I did not go out today and visit my dads or uncle grave down in Santaquinn nor did I visit Sheelan’s grave up on Redwood road. I should have I could have but I did not which makes me quite pathetic. Its just easier to stay home and conserve the gas and work on cleaning up the house and yard. That Is what Dad would have wanted I think.

Dianne has been working out on the yard. I helped a little sweeping up pine needles and stuff on the driveway best I can but mostly I just read trying to get some closure on the book I am currently reading, I have been at it too long.

Dianne used the lawnmower repaired by the LMG earlier in the week and the lawnmower actually held together and we got the front part of the yard half way presentable. The backyard is still waiting for the Lawn Professionals Dianne recently engaged—they have supposedly “nuked” the yards front and back to get rid of the weeds and were supposed to come back mow and do what ever it is thy do to restore the lawn. So far, they have half hearted killed a fool foolish plants but the smart and braver weeds are still there I believe digging in for the up coming plant war, of the plant guy ever returns. At least the neighbor can see us working on the yard striving to be “good neighbors”.

I worked until I got bored or I had swept as much a I could so I struck out searching for treasure: yard sales. I figured the day was forecast to be so nice the whole neighborhood would have signs up, garage doors open and neighborhood dreams of making quick cash from the junk living in their garages, crawl spaces and closets. I cruised the whole neighborhood only finding one garage and that garage sale was piss poor. I guess stimulus checks have come to everyone except us.

I ended traveling all the way up to State street and crossed 5900 south and checked out Toys R Us and the Office Depot looking for licorice black licorice but I could find nothing which interested me. I did see at OD a 10 MGP canon camera plus some flat screen monitors which I would not mind replacing my current screen with. I doubt we will get the flat screen yet but it was enjoyable looking. I even stopped at the Beans and Brew but by then I was getting anxious to get back home, feeling I had roamed enough for an almost Summer Saturday. I could have voyaged further and crossed State street but there is nothing on the North side of State street I need—maybe next week, maybe even tomorrow but not today.

No comments: