Monday, June 18, 2012

Published!!


Back in November I posted to this blog that I had submitted a number of pieces of poetry to Desert Wanderings, the literary magazine published by Art Access of Utah the local affiliate of VSA or Very Special Arts. I went on and on about how Are Access publishes this document and if you submit your almost assured publication. And when I first started publishing and Art Access the editor was a close friend of mine which almost assured I publication. But Lori has separated with the organization and have gotten busy and with life and seem to always miss the deadlines for the upcoming publication. But at the end of last year, the submission date is the last of November, I had my writer's notebook out and I remembered and I submitted a number of haiku I have been working on. Actually, I'm trying to put together enough haiku we will publish a small book. Now I suppose a when does haiku but what makes my haiku different and hopefully alluring is that my haiku is focused on public transit. The genre I feel has greatly been ignored: the poetry of disability public transit. I hope that makes sense.

I don't know how much the volume is this year, in past years the prices been about five dollars a copy, a deal. So, if you want to get your hands on the latest edition of the Desert Wanderings before they're sold out, because the magazine is going to go fast. Contact Art Access of Utah at 801-328-0703 operators are standing by.

http://meadowlarksmind.blogspot.com/2011/11/submissionsno.html

No comments: