Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Vials and VIals of Blood


I had called last Friday the only appointment open this week, was yesterday at 1045. We decided I would go to work and Dianne would drive an picked me up and we would together go up to the University to meet with Katya, my provider. We got to the University good time, got checked in and got some premedical work up done. Becky did this work up she is very good and helpful. And again I only needed to find out why are what happen to the phone calls I place a got no returns and no prescription sent to where I had asked. I also wanted to get injectables for by HRT as opposed to the smear I have been using.

So when I got there I was not too concerned when Becky the technician begin to do all the medical stuff that happens at the first of an appointment: temperature, medical history, do you use tobacco? The usual. I always feel the medical technician question period similar to the warm-up comedian or prep band for the major brand. The practitioner finally got to me, shook more hammered than usual, she looked tired and frayed and that she started asking questions would already covered in early appointments and I began to get concerned. Early on in our discussion we found the prescriptions that we needed in the folder and were never sent to our pharmacy. This really sure the concluded my visit but then my dock one to see my butt. This is when things begin to go wrong, it seems my practitioner who is a nurse practitioner (who I used as an M.D.) was being shadowed by the M.D. she practices under and I sort of think this caused a lot of stress of her day. Anyway, she wanted to my butt on to see how it was healing which I thought was healing great as you think was so great. She made a comment that from now on I need to be down every weekend I. E. in bed with my weight off my butt. Then we revisited the need for a manual wheelchair, and a functional cushion which meant another appointment with my physical therapist which all should've been done in taking care of(another ball dropped). There's just too many weird things happening, what I thought was a 15 to 20 min. appointment was morphing into an hour. However, we did get the injectables we did get some counseling and Dianne did get some training on how to inject me with the HRT and I got my first week injection administered. We got some meds adjusted I got really spooked enough said. Needless to say I got the scripts and a whole lot more. I couldn't get out of place fast enough. I have loose ends of course, I have to make an appointment with my physical therapist, Sue and I get a few more things ordered hopefully. Dianne I are going to go to lunch but she had an appointment she had to get to and we ran out of time. I had to drop me off at Hires and had a great lunch, probably well my last since my cholesterol is way high and I have to take dietary steps to bring it down oh yeah – – they took vials and vials of blood and now waiting for the chem work to come back I'm sure will not be good for a quality-of-life issues going down the tubes.

No comments: