Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Computer Ninja




I've covered at great length in previous blog postings about my lack of social ambiance come five o'clock and I'm headed home on the train. I just want to sit in my car and from the train reading my book and being left alone. I think I've done pretty good job training most folk who travel the same train I do going home. I will smile, nod my head, of make appropriate gestures with my hands but always be sure, I hold my tablet so they can tell I'm reading. So I'm not a total social isolate--still, I just want to be left alone.

So I was kind of intrigued I noticed a smallish, younger fellow board the train. Short cropped hair, black rimmed glasses, angry bird T-shirt and a unique way of staring down as he walked down the trains aisle he started talking to all kinds of people not inappropriately necessarily, just way too close in cyberspace and questions that were more direct than is usually socially acceptable. In short he seemed a bit developmentally disabled. There is another patron on the train in a wheelchair dressed in military fatigues little guys begin to ask him questions is how I would fill given wheelchair, what branch the military had even then, the fly jets, and so forth. When the veteran retired of his questions the little guy got up and walked across the island sat down and ask a couple where, who were looking at photographs, book on camera the photograph are used, or the photographs taken, did you know there is a better camera that he could've used until the photograph are pretty much shoot fellow off the seat which is that point left only me at the far end of the train reading my tablet. I took a deep breath as this little guy noticed I was reading from my tablet and he asked "what kind of tablet is that?". I answer that it is I Thrive which totally excites the little fellow. He then launches in to a song and dance about did I like the tablet,am current on all the updates of the software for this tablet, and was everything I needed to end up on the tablet. In the process he actually requested to look at the tablet which I gave over and he expertly begin to go through the system settings and asking if I wanted certain changes made. I said no but at this point in time realized this little fellow had shipped into my ice shield and I begin to ask him questions. Turns out this little guy's is named Nick, the proud owner of Nick's Computer Fix. I asked if he is making any money. Nick said Jesse was. I asked Nick the have an storefront ready work for somebody else and he said no my offices here, wherein he reached around and patted his backpack. "All I need to fix computers is in my backpack". Nick indicated he was 14 years old and he could fix just about any computer plus he could unlock cell phones in their number of other items in the technical electronic field. I was transfixed with this little guy--I'm sure he's high functional spectrum disorder buddies out on the tarmac do it for himself. During the conversation he indicated that he had a Facebook account and I of course looked it up and indeed he is quite a little computer geek of the highest order. There were a number of testimonials to his expertise and gratitude for his ability to fix their problems.

Nick is a charmer, I'm pretty sure he knows he's a charmer but he also seems committed to make his business work. He knows what sells and I think he's worked his angle enough has tuned it well to meet his needs. He charges 20 bucks an hour and he comes to your house Monday through Saturday he's off Sunday's. He carries a cell phone and is there to help. I get the impression that many of his fixes he knows he can do in an hour. I'm sure the lead gets all kinds of tips is the embodiment of the American dream a little slugger out there with a disability making a difference in his own life. I'm a little worried for Nick about his lack of recognizing boundaries and in fact when I did explore his website noticed that he has already been robbed once that he's indicated that he continues on and that's admirable. So, I want to keep my eye on this guy I think his got great potential. He could rise to that of a leader in the disability community but that might be selfish on my part but we'll have to see. Below is a link to his face but Facebook page check Nick out, "like" him spread his name around. Nick could be the next big thing. 

No comments: