Friday, June 22, 2012

Out of Sight Out of Mind


I have got one of the best medical practitioners I think a person can have – – she's European and she's good she does a great job of insulating me from a medical doctor she practices under. The only drawback, I feel, is that she tends to get super busy because she's in such great demand. That's well and good but drives crazy been trying to get a little medical advice that she just can't return my phone calls. This is been happening all week I am at the end of my first month of male hormone replacement therapy HRT and the stuff cost me about $400 a month which is ridiculous. Dianne has done some research and found we could do injectables much less cost. And I talked my friend Kenneth, who is a paraplegic and has been doing the injectables a says it's great. So I called the practitioner wanted no if 1. Could she give me some counsel on smear versus injectable and 2. Could just go ahead and write the script and prescribed an hour so training for Dianne in the process of using injectable HRT. Not rocket science, it should be straightforward but it hasn't been. So today Friday I finally remembered and called the hospital/rehab unit and set up an appointment to visit with my practitioner and go over these items face-to-face – – I guess it's only thing I can do. Have an appointment for Monday 10:45 AM and I don't know if Dianne could make it but I think she can hopefully we'll have to see. Why the things have to be so hard.

Okay okay I have never explained why I want to do the injectable well I sort of did, but actually I hate the smear. The processes I have Dianne's smear the HR on my shoulder my left shoulder and the process is really bizarre. Dianne has to wear a plastic glove and then be careful that none of the hormones gets on her is a can do weird stuff and even I have to be careful that I don't really get on me anywhere except for the point of contact at the smear hits my body or my shoulder. So the injectables is one-shot a month and that's it. That would mean I would not have to worry about having to wear short all the time when I have the smear on as well as just being scared around the smear all the time I met touch our Diane's gun touch it was just too strange and then again as I said earlier the cost the cost is prohibitive on the smear. I guess the smear is not covered under insurance so I can pay the whole load myself in this pricey. I my bottom line I just as soon not do the HRT at all but I really have seen some positive results of this therapy most significantly the wound closures so for that alone I will continue the therapy if financially feasible or acceptable.


It seems I just have one week left in this office, we begin the process of throwing stuff away taking down pitchers books and other stuff that makes an office and office. I really am sensing now I'm about out of this place is even if I still on payroll and out of this office when you're gone your gone. I wasn't born yesterday there's a reason for the phrase out of sight out of mind have a great weekend!!



No comments: