Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rose's



 


Anakah spent the night last night kinda rare this happens in the middle the week but it's summer to make sense having Ani during the week is a little awkward in that I end up going to bed pretty early and I think that frustrates her little bit we did okay last night. I went to bed they stayed up late. Cool.

So this morning, as usual, I'm up and at em ready to go. Before I went to bed Ani had been promised I would wake her before I left for work. I was up, dressed and out the door by six, said goodbye Ani and was gone. I stopped at Starbucks got my copy was still early enough to catch the 625 in the Salt Lake. This is okay but puts me into downtown at just about seven o'clock hour before need to be there. So I decided to the time do a little exploring.

Cool weather blew in overnight it was not chilly, especially after the past couple days and I 90 degree weather, rather quite enjoyable. With coffee in hand to have itself after disembarking the train I felt myself in front of Rose's. Had been the Roses before over lunch did never been there in fact I did know they even were open breakfast but they seem to be, I rolled inside. I do like the inside of Roses, the place has real potential they just haven't reached yet. The closest thing they offer for breakfast our pastries and rolls which can be heated up. Since I was essentially killing time, and already had my coffee, I decided to try the cheese rolls which did look good. A little pricey but would expect downtown Salt Lake? I was also disappointed and that the little place did not offer any Wi-Fi which is pretty shocking. The cheese rolls would've been good if they were just cheese rolls but they have to be trendy started sticking all kinds of herbs into the biscuits way too much Rosemary or some other kind of herb. Now the biscuits could've been saved had they had any kind of gravy to go over the top of particular bits of sausage but no nothing like that. I did ask do they have the capabilities to fry an egg that would've been good all things being equal that no they weren't up to that yet. The waiter, a frail and delicate figure with all kinds of strings tied around his wrist suggested they would some point in time offer a more full breakfast menu – – I can hardly wait.

The biscuits were supposed to be buttered and I'm sure they were I just couldn't sense the butter over the herbs I left one biscuit whole on my plate and washed the other down with my Starbucks coffee and left. Mind you this is not a review just my experience at this restaurant and it does hold great potential. I'm sure I will be going back in the month or two months in the hopes they have fleshed out their kitchen and offer a fine sausage gravy to drown the herb biscuits in.

No comments: