Friday, June 29, 2012

Grand Rehearsal


Speaking of my buddy Frank last week, Frank gave me some good advice he said to consider taking a few days few days of vacation or sick leave whatever since I was going to be able to take any time off for the holiday except for the holiday: the Fourth of July holiday. Traditionally, I take whatever days follow the holiday and use annual leave for those days it works pretty good like this year I would've taken Thursday and Friday off so forth false on Wednesday. But since I'm transitioning to my new office over Fourth of July weekend I I will not be taking the usual annual and quite frankly I think I did need time. Well I am taking with the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week but when I called the new boss earlier in the week to check out how things were transitioning she was under the impression that I would be here on Friday to meet with the I T person who is only in their offices from eight till 10 AM she really wanted see how I was going to fit into the new setting. She wanted me some especially to bring over my IT equipment, my computer and other paraphernalia I used interface with the system. Now earlier we Pretty much packed my office and my boss one to pack everything into her little convertible and drop it off at my house so I wouldn't have to come in on Friday but Amy want to be there so there I went.

I drove the van and, and this really reinforces how much I hate driving. I was pleased to see I still had my skills intact I made it into the office without injuring myself or anyone else. It was just Frank me which is the usual setting and we did tear down my laptop and support materials and box them up to get ready to transfer over. Claire finally showed up, she had been sick and I was a bit surprised to see make it in today but she didn't she showed up and we loaded up the equipment that anyone over there and Frank and I drove over to the new building. Now when I was there the other day I chose a cubicle across from the boss. This is a good political process so the boss of have a ability here me and keep notes on me as I transition into the setting. But in the meantime then hired two more personnel who Amy wanted next to her which is great because that's what I wanted the long run anyway. So I chose a cubicle far away from everybody else there some one from the other side of the wall for me that she seems okay. I got a good setting much for Windows but still that's the way it goes I'm just glad to be working. The more I see of his crew the more I think I'm like my time there for however long that will be. Become a stuff in the building squared away and I will continue my transition all over next week where I'll become a go through the indoctrination process learned their software to see how my systems will work with theirs. Looks pretty cool.

Frank and I got back to the office and Bonnie had purchased Brandury doughnuts, my care was running out of power quickly so we had a small party of donuts and talk and I went into the office charged up for about half an hour 45 min. Then Bonnie and Frank loaded my packed boxes in the back of the van and I drove away. We are planning on having at least one staff meeting a month where I would need to come back and interface with staff – –wink wink and call it breakfast.

Claire and I talked a little as I was getting ready to leave, really the last real boss employee moment after I drive away it will all be different -this would no longer be my real office of these would no longer be my real workmates. Since I'm technically tethered to this office we really have to put off the final meal until February when I do retire and leave the state for good. Maybe that's why separation today was not so hard maybe my psyche still waiting for the final final next year. Still this was a good rehearsal.

No comments: