Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thanksgiving Week



It's officially Thanksgiving week and I must admit Thanksgiving week is a bit different when you're in retirement. If I were working I would be excited at the idea of a four-day weekend. For the longest time while employed, I managed to take the Friday following Thanksgiving off as vacation, long before the Friday seems to have been incorporated into the Thanksgiving holiday as is today. So I was excited, seem work slowed down a little, many folks in the office would take time off for the holiday as would many of the professionals I would work with and other agencies and programs. So, little got done aside from showing up to work and in many cases enjoying treats brought him by staff. Now I am symptom excitement but not the same. Due to the holiday my schedule will change since the physical therapy unit I have my Wellness program at will be closed the Friday following Thanksgiving. So if I want my three days of wellness I'm going to have to cut some time I put in at my volunteer position at 211 on Mondays. And I think I like that. Again, for whatever reason, the phone calls at 211 or the frequency of calls seem much slower and my need there is much more in question. So tomorrow, Monday, I intend to just work till 12 o'clock then head out to Wellness. I know I will be three hours early so what? I'm enjoying this time.


So, I'm giving myself five hours by checking out early from 211 and that's okay they will survive and I will be able to get up early, get my latte go into 211 see my buddies take a few calls and leave. I will take myself somewhere for lunch, maybe or just hang out at the library or just wander either way I feel excited. I feel like it's going to be a holiday. Dianne And I were making the shortlist for Thanksgiving dinner. We will be alone this holiday that's okay. We're going to bake a turkey breast, Make dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy and of course pumpkin pie I think it's going to be a fun holiday I am feeling excited. Maybe we'll go couple of movies from red box, Open a bottle of wine kick back and enjoy the evening.

No comments: