Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Options



I am struggling, there I've said it, I cannot believe how long it's been since I have dated blog I don't really have an excuse maybe I'm lazy I do not but it's been almost a week since I've updated the document. In that time I've made a decision however I have decided to discontinue my involvement in the Wellness program which I've been going to for about a year. There's been a number of issues that has driven me to this decision primarily the clear discrimination against folks attending wellness and specified our wellness begins. If you really are chastised greatly and somewhat humiliated. It's not a big deal but big enough to drive me to stop. There's also the last move back Wellness did from the rehab floor of the first floor in the clinic area of the sugarhouse facility. The Wellness area is dark and cramped and really makes getting something positive from my workout experience at this facility difficult at best.

Not going into Wellness has certainly opened up a great deal more time in my schedule that I think I am looking forward to filling if not just enjoying. You may consider renewing my interest in applying for a volunteer position at the IHC medical facility in my neighborhood. Or I may reevaluate my attendance at the Murray Heritage Senior Center at least from the stand point of using their weight room. If I were to use the weight room at the Murray Center I would certainly expect some work to be done so that I could use the equipment or fully. This brings me back to my cessation of attendance at Wellness. I have greatly enjoyed my Silver Saratoga. My Active Hands arrived from England couple weeks ago and they're working out just fine. I actually think these gloves fit better than the active hands I use at the wellness program. There've been challenging to use especially if I have to put them on myself but I get the job done, I continue to work out on the crank In our session. I still have a little concerned about some slippage at the crankshaft but not the point where I really taken action to see about what can be done to stop slippage. I have contacted the company that makes the machine but not yet been able to make contact with the real person who could have some impact on telling me what can be done to fix the issue.

In the same token I have actively increased my quest to get some free weights or flat weights that I can use on the rickshaw I purchased will number months ago and has been in the garage all winter. I need to have some weight resistance immediately, I'm afraid I'm losing any positive steps I have gained with Wellness. So I've been searching on classified sites in hopes of finding a pile of free weights that I can start pushing as soon as possible.


I spent a good part of yesterday visiting my friend Greg, Greg has landed in a long-term care facility which is totally weird. I intend to visit him more is also the friends that I have in the community. Perhaps, this is what I need to be doing with my new found time.

No comments: