Thursday, August 09, 2007

Comming Up

I just had the weirdest sensation. I am at the office, all alone everyone else is gone and I sit with my back to my office door looking out onto Third West—anyway I was on the phone and all the sudden I hear a rustling coming from behind me like out in the foyer of the office. I really did not think much about this at the time, since I was in the middle of a conversation and part of the staff who left early this morning for a funeral about two hours away should be coming back to the office at any time now so I assumed that it was just Claire or Marsha just settling back into the office or maybe when the staff who just left the office left without locking the door and that’ cool but un likely. Often we do have walk-ins so someone coming is not entirely unusual. So, ended my call and went out to the office to see who came in. I called out to Marsha…no answer..,Claire no answer..Marrianne and still no answer! The office is dead silent and I do the office roll round and I noticed at this point the front door to the office IS locked and I suddenly start to get “creeped out”. I finish the roll round, the front office, the meeting area even the two back offices. I am all alone.

The boss and the P.M. is out at a funeral, actually one our staff who worked out of Central Utah . She had cancer and eventually succumbed. She was a great person but I doubt she would return to the office to just to haunt round and spook me—or maybe when she realized I was not at her funeral she was upset and decided to find out why I did not come down to “see” her off. Anyway Marianne just returned from her lunch and a swim so I am no longer alone and now everything I was spooked about has vanished and I almost feel silly.

It’s so easy for me to get spooked, even in the middle of the day and maybe especially in the middle of the day, when one is alone, your area is quiet and your imagination tends to flee. But having said all this, I know what I heard and I know what or who was not here and I don’t think I was alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so cool!! I really enjoyed the video...you should do more of that type of stuff!
On a similar note - I mailed you the book today that I told you about...hope you enjoy it. Just be sure to pass it on to another reader when you finish it - books are best when they are shared with others. Love you lots, Linda

riptideselkie said...

Lol you're just like me, down to the clutter on the desk. Although, when I was watching the video, there was one part when you go into a room that has some kind of divider in in, like a japanese partition and I kept thinking " don't forget to look behind it" when I get all spooked I go through the entire house, and even though I hate doing it, I always have to check behind the shower curtain. You never know....