Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Squeegee


I am debating on taking my lunch hour and rolling over to the local Office Depot and purchasing a squeegee to do the windows of my office. I have been trying to get the windows clean for weeks now. The water the building uses for the watering the lawn is hard water and over the suffer the hard water deposits build on the window till looking out the window is like looking through thick smoke. I ordered some of that stuff for breaking up hard water deposits in the bath tub and toilet. I used his stuff on my windows when my office was in the rear of the building and solution did a marvelous job.
Wouldn’t you think the maintenance people from the building owner would have a squeegee; in fact why are they doing ll the windows to the place regularly—I think the building owner should do the windows quarterly at the end or beginning of each season. But every time the head maintenance guy, Warren, is over here and I start rattling on about how I need my windows washed he just looks at me like I had three eyes. So obliviously I am not going to get my windows cleaned via building management.

Last week I kind a “guilted” Front Desk Marinanne into taking a stab at the windows. She sprayed the windows with the stuff and then attacked the windows with a rag which just smeared the hard water deposits all over the glass leaving a surface like someone had soaped my windows. My windows looked like our local A&W, in the old days when the A&W would close for the winter and they would soap the windows. I bet they have not done that since the early Sixties. And Marianne is off for the week. I could not stand it so grabbed one of my long sticks and a bottle of water and a cloth and doused my windows with water and tried to wipe the window down with a rag on the end of my stick. The process actually worked fairly well but I need a squeegee, the right tool for the job is a tied but true axiom for this situation. I got on line over lunch and found that Office Depot in the great mall across the street has squeegee starting at $14.00. This seems a little steep but I would own a real professional squeegee, the kind pros use and I best of all I will in control. If I want to wash my windows I’ll just go out and do it. I know I will look all pathetic out in front of my windows squeegeeing them down. I doubt I will apply the finesse shown my real window people on the big building downtown but I’ll probably develop a definite style.

No comments: