Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Cash!


  

It happened again! The other night I had gone over to the market just to pick up a few things more of a recreational/social outing than anything else. It's kind of a forced socialization that I think that I need from time to time throughout the week. Unfortunately, I guess that I live close enough to be able to do this anytime whenever I want, I don't know how wise this is but it's just the way that it is and I enjoy the ability to do this but anyway I was at the market. I wasn't really looking for anything specifically just a few purchases to get me through the night something to snack on something to have in the closet or the cupboard so when that movie comes on or whatever and I need a little munchie I can just roll over my stash and pull something out. Or maybe it's something sweet like her perfect piece of candy or a candy bar or just something that I can just quickly and be satisfied. I like to look around and see what else is available roll up and down the meat aisle look at pieces I wish I had the courage to purchase even though I can I still don't. I need to have a reason or a purpose to justify such a expenditure. I mean I cannot believe T-bone steaks costing $40 for a package of three or maybe even more it's just blows me away. But it's fun to look in the book and think of all the things I could do. Anyway, I pick up a few things and I have them balanced on my lap / stomach as I sip around the the store finally realizing it's time to leave it's not getting any earlier. I get in line and wait to and wait to go through the checkout.


All the sudden my spider senses begin to tingle I'm not really sure why then I noticed there's a construction kind of guy two people ahead of me just finishing his check out. He's engaged in a conversation with the checkout person so it looks at me and then moves off a little bit. Then the next person is a fast check out she's in and out and gone then it's my turn. I threw my stuff up onto the countertop it's kind of hard. This is one of the things I'm noticing as I age that things that used to be really simple just are more challenging and one of them is getting things I'm going to buy up onto the countertop for them to run through the checkout. At the same time I begin checking through my pack to get my wallet out to get ready for my purchase and the guy up in front looks at me and smiles and says “hey buddy I got it”. One of the lessons I've learned now is to just smile and say thanks. It doesn't do any good to get into a argument about if I could pay or not pay or get angry about how I didn't ask him to do the good deed. I've just decided to accept the deed and roll with it. I didn't really count almost what happened next. He said something like hey wait before you put your wallet away here they open up his wall and pulls out of fresh 20 throws it down on my lap turns around and leaves. Like I said I wasn't ready for this part I'm thinking to myself cool I'm not having any impact my savings at all and I come out 20 bucks a head life doesn't get better than this. I don't know how cool that is but if you got to accept something you got to accept it all the way. It's not like I was out trolling looking for a benefactor and if I was trying to do it it never would come out the way that I wanted it to so I was just thankful that all happened tonight and everyone came out looking pretty decent. However I'm thinking what I might look like for Thanksgiving or Christmas…

A

No comments: