Saturday, July 25, 2026

Popcorn in a movie




It's hard to believe that in five short months it'll be Christmas Day as hot as it is right now I think it was 103° in Salt Lake today. Who knows what will be on December 25th 2026. Everything's strange everything's different the country is burning up because of the drought I'm just surprised Salt Lake hasn't really shown any effects of the drought except the Heat and no precipitation to speak of. We've really not had any fires or floods or anything like that that seem to be happening all around the country it's just kind of strange that's all. I know I always come back to the thing that we're just waiting for the slippage that will signify the Great earthquake along the Wasatch Front which will probably more than make up for anything that's happening across the country right now. And who knows maybe these increased temperatures well leads to the slippage that will cause the Great earthquake… that's not now however, it's Saturday night and of course I'm not really doing anything except pondering hitting the sack maybe a little early just because Sundays I try to get up the shade early to make sure I'm ready by the time that I'm supposed to be over at the restaurant. I used to just get up early and mess around until it was time to go but now I have to use every second of any time that I have waking up early to get ready. I know I keep harping on this but it seems like they're just certain things that I can't do anymore like I did even earlier in this year. I have not yet not been able to get up but I've noticed my right leg seems a lot more difficult to do the early morning move that I need to do to transfer into my chair. Once I'm in my chair I'm pretty much okay but getting there seems to be more and more difficult. Crossing my legs to put my shoes on was another challenge today eventually got it done but it cost me time at which cost me from giving up on going across the street to the coffee shop. Sadly I find out that mark anthony, my son, was that the coffee shop with his friend Kevin. I'd like to have seen them. That was pretty much it for the day I pretty much stayed home the rest of the day just a little concerned about being out in the heat it was going to be 100 plus today. I did go out however with a cap and my equipment went to the movies. I got popcorn a drink Red Vines and Milk Duds- the movies basically free but the price for the amenities was $22 some months I paid for it with my card. I got a small container of popcorn that's what I usually do however the people sitting next to me in the movie gave me their bucket of popcorn when we left. With a bucket of popcorn you can get it refilled at least once I guess so I had them top it off when I leaving the movie theater. I spelled it all over everything it seemed like it was a challenge trying to keep it together while I was on the bus but I finally got home deposited in the corner and amply forgot about the whole thing until it was time for bed. Found it again and enjoyed couple pieces of popcorn. I'll have it with me now though for the rest of the weekend who knows how longer?


No comments: