I just turned off the air conditioner to my apartment. 7:50 p.m. in we're sliding into the night time cycle but it's just too cold in this apartment otherwise. Sniffling my nose is running and I feel chilly. This apartment gets really hot really quick it seems to me during the day and I've started turning on the air conditioner around 2:00 or 3:00 if I haven't turned it on already. On Monday Wednesdays and Fridays I often turn the air conditioner on in the morning just so the apartment will be a little cooler when my care person gets here. I like to make the environment as comfortable for my people as possible. For my caregiver I want to make sure the temperature is right, the coffee's new and hot and there's snacks on the table and food in the fridge if she needs to have some sort of breakfast while I go through my morning process. These are the little things that I think is important to keeping folks that serve you happy to serve you and want to come and serve you. I'm not that smart I wish I were but the bottom line is I don't want the apartment hot hot wind she gets here. I'll actually turn the air conditioner off after she leaves and not turn it on again until maybe later in the day if the apartments way too hot. It took me a long time to figure out the air conditioner module thinner , okay thermostat! I mean I really should know this kind of stuff my dad was a furnace guy and he knew all about thermostats I just have a hard time trying to read our thermostat here at the property. It's a challenge of getting close enough in my power chair and then up high enough to see what module the thing is in at any given time. I've worked the thermostat enough now to just about know where to put it at any given time for the results that I desire. And sometimes it was good and hot I like to feel the coolness creep into the room. I don't know why but in the doorway between my bedroom and the main room it seems to be a vent or something cold air blows right through that area all the time and if I'm really hot that's where I like to plant myself for a little while anyway until I bring my body heat down. Looks like we're about ready to enter another hot spell maybe beginning Saturday the days will start becoming triple figures for the next week or so. I'm afraid we're building up to the high point of the summer after which point a little bit by little bit we start that downhill push to the end of the year. I know there's a lot of days that will be before then but just knowing summer is passing very quickly and I suppose so am I…
No comments:
Post a Comment