Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Giant Stick In The Eye




What a giant, stick in the eye, weird day! Mind you I had a weird night, did not get much sleep but I was getting back to my schedule of going to bed shortly after 9:00 p.m. getting up at 3:00 to drain and then back to bed to rest, no sleep, just rest until 4:30 a.m. when I got up and got ready for my day. Right when realized something was wrong when everything seemed to go so right everything seemed effortless. Bed to wheelchair transfers in and out of the shower even getting my breakfast and dressing went too smooth. When I transferred into my powerchair my power reading read 97% and dropped a point or two and I was staring at the power indicator. I thought this reading was very strange and by the time I rolled into the kitchen and fixed breakfast I had dropped much further I knew I was going to have to take the van into work if I was going to make it to work.

Luckily /Dianne did not need the van and off I went but I felt anxious driving, I felt sleep deprived and I continue to tell myself the symptoms I am exhibiting is a mixture of what ever I had this weekend and sleep deprivation. I had not really planned to go to my Medical Practitioner(MP) thinking I was really on the mend but desperately needed some new meds and I just might have a raging infection or something wrong with me so I relented and made an appointment as soon as it was time enough for my MP Katia to get in. Dianne put together a history of my illness and my med/drug history and emailed to me which I printed out—Dianne dose such a complete, ordered and professional job medical presentations the documents really help me in communicating with my needs with my practitioner.

When I got to the medical center the batteries in my chair showed about 94 percent more then enough power to run All over the university med center. I felt I was ok because after seeing my medico, I had about 86% left so I thought I would get some lunch at he cafeteria which was a lot further way then I had anticipated, but still not 86% worth. By the time I finished burger I 21 percent the only option I had Was try to get to Out Patient Rehab and use one of their chargers which I knew they had. I ran the meter down to zero and stopped only twice but found enough power to get me the rest of the way—truly a miracle! I truly went hundreds of feet show”0” on my meter. I got hold of my old P.T Randy who immediately fixed me up with a battery charger and I sat in A Size office and read till I was juiced up enough to make it back to work.

Seriously I really felt like crying, I don’t k now why but I did! I swear I thinking m becoming histrionic or maybe it is what ever illness I have had or maybe it the meds I am taking for all the urological and aid reflux and all but its making a mess out of me. The MPO thinks I am doing Ok, maybe have a a little bladder or kidney infection—she took a sample and wrote me some scripts and sent me home or back to the office. I went back returned calls and charged my chairs. Tomorrow I have a broadcast and I have to do battle width my DME provider who is responsible for my power chair. So, this means I will have to drive into the city, yet again just try to stay alive or normal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very blessed man! I'm glad you made it through the day. Earlier to bed, I think.