Monday, August 22, 2011

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head....


Remember,a couple weeks ago how I was going on and on about the new roof we were anticipating putting on our house, then actually getting the funding and contacting or being contacted by the roofer the Russian or the Russian the roofer—however best that comes out. We did it, we bit the bullet , closed our eyes and jumped into a new roof. The job was clean and fast and not short on comic relief with a Russian, making it in the USA, trying to supervise a handful Mexican (nationals no doubt). Anyway we have been enjoying our new roof all summer till Saturday afternoon.

Saturday, was beautiful, clear in the morning accompanied by a wind of change. I had been out on the bus system getting my power chair looked at. I was afraid the back might becoming off so I was out to Magic Rest and charging my chair a couple hours , on my return, I sprinted back up to the Red Box and got a couple of movies for the evening and a couple of warnings from passer bys that I had better get in before the rains start. I just smiled and nodded my head kept on my journey. However, the winds were picking and the winds were warm and laced with spits of rain here and there but nothing significant...yet. The clouds were mashing up an turning dark and blustery-something was coming.

I was still dry by the time I had gotten home but now the winds were beginning whip and the rqain started. At first just a couple of drops the a few more then the deluge started. The rain hammered the front of the house at the beginning then the rain was blown sideways as it was blasted in sheets. Lightening was frequent and the thunder loud and constant. The hail started and joined the party bouncing off the pavement and shredding tree leaves and taking many of the re plum tree leaves in the front yard off all together. We had been sitting in the door watching all the weather, DD got up and went to the back of the house to the laundry. She called me in and showed me water streaming down the back walls of the laundry, in one place the water was coming in a steady stream.

We have had a couple of small spitters, a little rain but nothing like the rain which hit us Saturday afternoon. When we had the roof put on we had the contractor put an outlet for the dryer up through the ceiling and through the roof to the outside. Dianne thinks this vent was poorly made. I have been wondering if indeed the vent is OK but due to the amount of water and the wind driving this water maybe that is what happened and water just gushed down the pipe or what ever. I am hoping that whatever us the problem the fix will be easy and swift and the discussions with the Russian will be productive and low stress. We took a video of the “water full” which I plan to post in the near future

The shining ray through this whole mess is the area where we had the leak in the bathroom, before the new roof , was high and dry—is this a half full or half empty kind if thing?







No comments: