Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Turn, Turn, Turn





A couple of years ago I gave my wood lathe and turning knives away to my brother ina fit of exasperation because I could not access my garage. Since then I have picked up two lathes but still I do not have any knives. Hopefully that is about ready to change.

I have missed working in my garage and working on my project of making sticks. I want to get back to turning and turning out sticks so I have started searching for turning knives. I looked at the local tv station website on their "Classified" section, I even went so far as to re awaken my membership to Ebay and entered a couple of auctions. Luckily i was out bid for a set of tools--this is good because after I made the bid I saw the auction would not even close until sometime next week. I usually can fins something on the Classified section of the local TV station but not this week. My work mate thought I should check Harbor Freight ( which I am surprised I had not thought of earlier) and sure enough there were a couple of sets available but still would have to go through the mail--then i called the local store and they had the same items at the same price so I will be able to drive down and pick up a set of knives and get to work--I am really hoping the knives will drive me back into my garage and back to my lathe...we will have to see.

No comments: