Monday, November 21, 2011

Ho Ho Ho Here We Go

Looking down the barrel of another Federal holiday---this going to be a short week and I am feeling the pressure. Tomorrow I am out q half a day due to rehabilitation and then Wednesday one of my co-workers is having a birthday celebration which is more time away from the office and the phones. Plus I am trying to satisfy one of my funders who wants data broke down to their minute parts. So, what I was hoping would be a laid back week will be filled with stress as I head for the weeks finish line. Actually I am working the day following Thanksgiving which I have not done in the longest time, one reason so I will not have to use up vacation or sick leave and more importantly, Dianne will bee babysitting Asher and be gone and sitting home alone does not sound all that fun. So, I might as well be at work taking whatever calls may come.

Thanksgiving is going to be at Dianne's and my house and sounds like Mark and Jasmine will be attending along with BG&A2 who, last I heard are preparing the lions share of the meal—there was some misunderstanding at first as to where the meals was to take place but I guess all has been settled an the meal will be at the Utahna House. A large part of the decision was made because of the wheelchair and the inaccessibility of other homes being considered. We had talked earlier and I thought the decision of having the meal at out place was a done deal then all of the sudden I hear it the location has changed for the kids place which is not accessible all, also meaning I would have to go in my manual chair and I just don't do will with being in my manual chair away from my house and the access my house affords me. So,I stick to my guns people cave an I m left looking like the family jerk, which in fact I probably am. At this, once again, I am left with just the feeling of wanting to get through the event with the least amount of stress possible.



So ho ho ho and here we go for a nother holiday season, already the calls are long, many and dismal, gas shut offs, evictions and general homelessness but you know what I am going to be up this year throughout the season, keep focused

No comments: