Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

Well Christmas is over for another year, the gifts have been given and received, meals eaten, family greeted, as the sun sets on the second day of Christmas. Can you tell? I got new software for Christmas. This year Dianne gifted me in DragonDictate nuance system and I'm trying learn how to use it. So, I expect this post will be less enjoyable to read but I might as well jump in feet first and learn this pesky software. I got Dianne a new camera, a Nikon cool pics. Diane seems to truly enjoy using the new camera. The red Nikon I was letting her use finally gave up the ghost and it was time for something new. Now, I must confess that I really did poorly gifting this year and basically changed in and relied totally on Amazon.com. But from what I can tell those who did receive that Amazon gift cards seem appreciate which leads me think that I will be using again as embarrassing as using gift cards might be. Using the gifts cards or rather giving that gift gift was simple and relatively painless and counted as true gift giving. Dianne actually manufactured a couple of her gifts for me: robes made for people we use wheelchairs. To robes were made from towels which will be great for me when exiting the shower one was from sort if a flannel material and will be great for just wearing round the house are watching television. Truly these are great gifts and what Christmas should be about.


There were no grand meals our house this Christmas which is okay we did okay for Thanksgiving nets good. Now I must admit Bridget and Gabriel did have a breakfast on Christmas morning but I chose not to go, I am just a poop. Mark A did make it over last evening to receive Christmas gifts that we gave his family. Mark set the example for me using Amazon.com who gift. And I really do appreciate the gift cards which allow me to take advantage of the many e-books that are out there.


I just got busy and washed the dishes we have had hanging around the sink. And I might do some more cooking before this is through that I it. My Christmas vacation is just about finished. Tomorrow I am back at the office manager phones and taking care of business. Now the more I thought about working between the holidays and and how the telephones have been I am beginning to rethink my decision to work between the holidays. Diane actually is not babysitting as I thought she would be, which was my driving motivation to work between the holidays. So if nothing else I will go in at least in the mornings and return calls from the previous afternoons.


I have not been able to do all I had wanted to do this Christmas, but isn't that usual? We do what we can to try to enjoy what we able to do. I would've loved to cook more and had a few more family gatherings that is difficult time consuming, confusing and just challenging. Sometimes less is more. So this is my Christmas post dictated entirely with Dragon it's awkward still, and I have to admit a new at dictation, but I think this will really be helpful once I get the dictation down, sounding more normal, and less self-conscious. But I am encouraged again Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: