Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Where t Are The Technicians?

Blog June 11, 2013

There is a conspiracy out there I can feel it, I know there is I just cannot prove it yet. Once again I am being plagued by a wheelchair cannot rely on. There seems to be an issue with my controller, the mechanism which allows a wheelchair to function. I would say controller the most port device on my wheelchair.. The controller allows me to communicate with my chair, how go, when to stop, when totilt in place and so and so on. My chair has been stopping its forward motion and switching into tilt mode at which time I must manually return chair to one of the forward speeds. Many times when I do this I travel just a few feet or yards event happens again I have to repeat the procedure. I have found if completely shut down a wheelchair and bring it back up I can then continue my trip causing great frustration and great concern and safety of myself and my chair. This problem seems to have gotten worse in the last couple of days. So much so I switched from denial mode to action mode.

Today I called my main provider and found I could not even have my chair diagnosed a week. I made an appointment thinking there's no way I can continue using this chair but I have to, it is how you get around. It seems my provider has so few technicians that this wait is not uncommon but thisuncommon to me. I even called the only other service provider for power chairs that I am aware and was shocked to find my wait will even be longer. She explained that her shop is down to onetechnician. This is uncanny. She further noted they used to have three or four technicians but they're gone now. I was think it would be an abundance of technicians, wheelchair technicians, and the Valley since a major wheelchair shop imploded. But it seems there are only two technicians serving the Salt Lake Valley. Unbelievable! So I was forced to accept week long wait. Fortunately for me that after a number of tries I was able to get my chair to sustain forward motion for my travel needs today. I have a full agenda for the rest of the week, meetings, wellness a birthday lunch with my son I cannot afford to have a chair malfunction. Even if I make it to Monday when I'm supposed to have my chair diagnosed I know this just going to be a diagnosis they will be time and great expense after the diagnosis. But what can I do?


Something or someone is taking the technicians I'm sure it is aliens. To me the answer is always aliens. Why aliens would be interested in power chair technicians is beyond me.. So here I sit on a time off not knowing when the bomb will explode or implode. I should be thankful the malfunction exhibits itself by just switching into tilt mode and not switching into uncontrollable high-speed) just as the train approaches.. But I fear something bad is going to have and I think it's going to be something like the chair stopping never go again in the middle of an intersection downtown Salt Lake.

No comments: