Monday, August 07, 2023

Arm Bike Ready




I actually slept pretty good except towards the end when I woke up and saw that it was like 5:00 a.m. so I figured I still had some time. I don't think I went back to sleep but I must have cuz when I turned and looked at the clock again, which I thought was just a few minutes, the clock read 10 minutes after 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. is when I usually get up on a regular day if it's possible. Today being Monday means that my home health person, Melissa, comes today for a shower in the rest the apartment wasn't in too much disarray from the weekend. I kind of cleaned up after myself so I wasn't too worried that way. I was glad to get the Monday morning ritual out of the way however, get dressed and get on with my day. Yesterday when I went down to the common room to check on the giveaway table there was a whole bag of hamburger buns which I grabbed immediately. So my goal today was to do some actual cooking and to make sloppy joes. I plan to use the canned ground beef that I've been picking up off the Sharon Shelf the last couple of months and Jazz it up with real onions and real green peppers which means a foray out to the market.


The sun was not hot today I think we're just about finished with that portion of the summer even with the temperatures going back to the 90s I will not feel hot like it did before because, I believe the sun is now not direct as it was which I think makes all the heat difference in the world. The temperatures today were in the upper 80s quite Pleasant. I thought about heading out to doing something but I was more interested in making the sloppy joes. Off to the market I picked up a green pepper and a bag of onions which I want to try to use before they go bad on me. They're little onions so I might be able to get away with it. I still need to make some spaghetti and maybe even some pizza all of which require onions one form or another. No trips to the dollar store or any place else but I went straight home from the market then went out and read for a while but later on in the afternoon I started cooking dinner which was the sloppy joes. But before that I decided I would actually get back into the arm bike routine which I have neglected for the past 2 months for one reason or another mainly because of my power chair not being able to get underneath the arm bike. So now that I'm in my other chair my backup chair I can there's been a giant mess underneath the arm bike cushions and hoses and plugs and such. I had Melissa clean it all out this morning plus she was able to find my missing glove that allows me to pump my bike. And at my regular time I tried to do my arm bike between 2:30 and 3:30 if I can for the 60 Minute blocks so I can listen to Marketplace while I finish my project or my bike pump. I was a little concerned I didn't think I was going to be able to jump right back into 60 minutes on my first attempt at getting the arm bike running again. But I persevered and got 60 Minutes on today's clock I'm so excited however there's something going on with the arm bike some kind of a glitch which is making the electric electronic screen jump all around Flash and act crazy but it didn't bother the timing mechanism so I was able to keep the minutes going on the clock so I knew where I was at how long I've been there as well as which power level I was at. That second portion the power level I think is a little squirrely as far as an honest level they seems to start 10 to 15 seconds late but I'm pumping but that's okay as long as those regular Clock Works and I know that I've been on the arm bike for as long as it says I'm okay and like I said I did 60 minutes. You remember that my goal is 200 minutes a week. I'm sure this will help me a lot not only in my sleeping Cycles but it might just physical tonation Etc. Now though I think we're going to have to start looking for another arm bike one way or the other this was been a real good one but I don't know how long it can last. But that's okay I got the sloppy joes done and they were okay as well quite a bit different from sloppy joe to make with a pound of hamburger the sloppy joe from the previously cooked canned ground beef tastes okay it's just a different flavor not what you expect and you don't have the ability to mix the flavors together as you would throw in the onions in the green pepper in with the meat Browning. But I put in the tomato juice and the onions and the green pepper and cook them all with the beef ground beef and it turned out pretty good I wanted to find my brown sugar to throw that in there haven't done that for years but I remember when I was first making this stuff I used the brown sugar which is on the recipe but you don't need to. I came away with about 6 burgers which I put into a plastic container which is in the fridge and now I've got dinner for the rest of the week, at least…

No comments: