Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Long Night Long Day



Monday when my home health person was here I had her open my window next to my bed all the way so I would get all kinds of fresh air. Of course last night the cold front wanders through the Wasatch Front and it feels like gale force winds are blowing cold air on my bald head and making sleep impossible that happened about 158 a.m. I remember looking at the clock. So I did the turtle thing with covers over my head with just a nose hole but it seemed and felt like the whole wind was howling right through my house or apartment. Of course it wasn't I'm sure I was just dreaming a lot of it but I was pretty conscious at the same time. Then it felt like I was getting a kidney infection but I think that's part of the whole night terrorist thing I was dealing with which got me thinking about the end of my existence. Trying to figure out how he's going to get myself into the doctor without adequate transportation. It just made for a really bizarre night. Tonight I'm going to try to shut the window a little bit with some of my sticks and hopefully I won't break the window entirely but I've got to be careful because we're looking at getting back into the 90s by the end of the week. I'll be glad of that I wore long sleeves today cuz I knew I was going downtown and I'd be on the buses and I'd be cold freezing cold. In fact a large part of the early morning thought process I had was I was going to call and cancel my attendance to the meeting but 6:00 approached I start feeling a little bit better and got up without any problems took care of myself got dressed called to make sure that we are having the meeting and we were. Told him I'd be there and I was.


The bus ride and train ride in was uneventful everything worked just fine I was tired but not too exhausted it's not like I yawned all the way through the meeting. We got the work done and turned me loose by noon so I could get back to the apartment because they were finally going to pick up my chair today and I didn't want them to miss me. Fortunately when I called to find out for sure what the time frame was it was between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. so I had more than enough time to stop for lunch which I did and got a child's Burger. There's this place that does serve great burgers are great but they're so huge you don't dare eat one just because you'll get protein overload but I decided I'd get the child's version of The Thing and it was huge and it's a it's a heart attack waiting to happen the hamburger is great it's grilled over a flame but then it's got like I don't know how much corned beef on the burger as well. There's a time when I love these burgers but now they're just sort of gross. In fact I opened up the bird and pulled all day corned beef off and eight just a few pieces of it with the burger. It's probably going to be the last meal for the day for me maybe a little snacking on watermelon before I go to bed but that's about it. I've been somewhat lethargic all afternoon of course. I read a little bit under my tree but like I said the cold front was through even though it was the low 80s it felt chilly. I even wore a long sleeve shirt today the first time since spring. It kept me warm on the buses well I was riding because they keep those buses freezer cold but everything's beginning to feel like autumn I guess the change is coming…. 

No comments: