Saturday, August 12, 2023

Lazy Saturday

This might be a short posting today just because I really didn't do much of anything with the exception of going to coffee which at least got me out and across the street and doing a little bit of socialization with my friend Janet upstairs. As far as days go it was a good day as far as temperature and such not too hot, no clouds to speak of just a nice warm August day. I thought about going to the market but there wasn't anything I really needed since I went yesterday my biggest goal today was to cut the watermelon and open the peppers and put them in the new container. I got the container and the can open which really shocked me that I was able to do it by myself. I really have been holding off to have somebody with decent hands who can clamp the can opener shut while they crank the crank but I was able to do it by myself. Of course, it took a minute or two but I certainly had the time for that. I made the transition scooping out a number of peppers into the Container to the point that I could lift the can by myself up over the edge of the container and plop them in there and it worked. I did leave a couple out that I processed to put into the regular container with the pickled carrots, diced tomatoes and whatever else I'm putting in there. I really wanted to do this so I didn't have to open up another one of the little cans. I still like the little cans of sliced pickled peppers but I need to use these regular peppers and then the can of sliced peppers that I have that I'm holding off in the back. I also watched a few dishes but I didn't get the floor swept either. In the middle of the late afternoon I did spend an hour on the arm bike pumping giving me 180 minutes for this week kind of bumps me out I like to have done the 200 but this will have to do for today and this week.


I'm still somewhat astounded by how well this chair, my backup chair, is acting. If the chair had an elevator function it would be great. I'm always amazed at how much I used the elevator function once I had it. It's kind of hard to go back. Aside from that however, I can get back and forth to the market on and off the bus and do what I need to do. I still wouldn't mind a larger foot - box but so far this is working out splendidly even though I have to wait until the repairs can be done on the other chair. I'm just praying that the repairs will be done under some sort of insurance provisions. Because that can get pricey really quickly. I still have some time before I'll be eligible for another power chair. I hope I just lasted out. Well that's it for another Saturday night and another week. I've contacted Mark Anthony and it looks like we will be doing coffee tomorrow things will be good…

No comments: