Saturday, August 05, 2023

No Tamales Today !!

My Saturday was kind of busy I didn't do any major things to speak of but it was busy for me. Janet of course is gone so I knew there would be no coffee companion for me but I'm hankering for some tamales and the last couple weeks we've missed the tamale man by just minutes it seems like he was coming earlier than we were there and we try to be there at least I do at 9:30 a.m. so he's coming around 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.. so I got up got dressed and went across the street to the coffee shop and waited for an hour. It's kind of a long time if you're just waiting for something but I got my coffee socialized a little bit with some of the regulars that I see every week but not a whole lot. The bottom line the tamale man never showed up I waited an hour till 9:30 a.m. and decided that was enough. Maybe next week


Then I went to the Mexican restaurant directly across the street the new sword which is the English translation. It's really a strange experience because there really is no English spoken there. Fortunately the waitress speaks a little bit or at least between a little Spanish I know and what little English she did and pointing I finally got my meal which was three rolled up chicken somethings comes with beans and rice and covered with lettuce and sour cream. It was kind of a challenge to eat but I did eat most of it made a giant mess on the floor drop my utensils once and then took a take home bag with one rolled up tortilla filled with chicken. The whole thing cost like $12.99 or something I couldn't believe how much they were charging just for that particular meal basically chicken and beans and rice but the population seems to be paying for it and there are a lot of folks in there. I go there every once in awhile just to change things up they had some ground beef somethings but I didn't know what they were and I wasn't about to go through a Spanish ordering lesson right then. Again I'm really surprised the price of the items on the menu for such a low rent operation. Takes forever to get served and then takes forever for them to bust the tables when the people leave and the people working there are ancient at to go back home and take the rest of the day off kind of. The day is nice enough not too hot that I can actually hang out under the tree and read a nap as I would like. Which I did. Interesting enough DJ an individual who I've known here at the apartment complex for 5 or 6 years now stopped and talked to me we had quite a good discussion. We see each other in the weirdest places it usually at the market or sometimes at the restaurants. But this is the longest we've ever communicated it was nice to have a friend nearby.


So my goal today was to get a hold of my older brother and convey to him the best birthday wishes I could since one reason or another I never got to the bank or a card store to get him a birthday card and some money to go in it. Wanted to make sure that he was aware but I tried at least what she was this course you didn't care a bit it actually he doesn't want me to send him any more money but I like to anyway I don't know if I will now but who knows it'll irritated why not? We talked a good deal he'd been shooting things again over just across the Oregon border what she does usually every Saturday and probably Sunday too but he came back early today because it was his birthday and I think the family was doing something for him. I got some stuff done in the kitchen I finally processed the last of the watermelon cut it into chunks and put it in a plastic container and threw it back into the fridge and just did some of it had a couple pieces of steak and that's what I pretty much had for dinner which I think is going to be enough. Oh I forgot I also got a haircut today across the street. Everyone's telling me how much weight I've lost I don't necessarily see it but it's good to hear I don't think the conspiracy wide enough to attack my weight situation so they must be real I'll have to check into that a little bit more I'm wondering if it's because I'm eating so much peppers and carrots and that's about it for many times for breakfast there's a couple spoonfuls of carrots and a jalapenos and the other stuff that goes with it the juice and the diced tomatoes I've been adding to the concoction as well. It's still my favorite morning beverage/ meal I don't know how long I can keep it up. It's not necessarily expensive just involved. I'm toying with the idea of opening up another big can of the whole Peppers that my daughter sent me for Father's Day or birthday or whatever. I almost need somebody else to open it cuz it's got that squeezy handle that you got to squeeze in penetrate the lid or the steel lid and then then you can crank it and open it up. I have some smaller cans and I think I may have enough to get through tomorrow as far as if I have any juice tomorrow if not I can wait until Monday when Melissa will be here and she can open up the bottle of vegetable juice.


It was a sunny bright day today no clouds to speak of but it's not the same kind of heat as before. The summer is broken and I don't think the sunlight is hitting in us directly as it was. Now it's on to Autumn. I shall miss this summer…

No comments: