Friday, August 04, 2023

Sunshine

 I am so excited and relieved but something has happened with my backup chair the lurchy and jerking that I was getting for so long has stopped. A couple of days ago my person Melissa indicated that my wheel was rubbing against a part of my chair and was shredding part of my tire and that's sort of like what it felt like so what I think happened was that I finally just wore the tire down to the point where is no longer making contact with the chair frame and now my chair is not lurching acting like a normal chair pretty much. There is still something Goofy with the steering mechanism which makes me think that a motor might be going out on me but I definitely think I'll be able to keep this device functional and fairly useful until I can get my other chair repaired and back hopefully by next Thursday. This means I'll be able to go to my assist meeting this coming Tuesday which brightens my day I hated missing the meeting last week. I think my priorities are screwed up.  Having a functional chair again also means being able to go back and forth to the market to get the items I need. Also the change I need for my cash. There is a cash machine for the credit union in the basement of the Student Union at the community college just up the street from where I live easily accessible by my chair especially on the bus. I just have to have a pin number that will work when I try to access cash from that machine. That will make a big difference on weekends holidays and such


The monsoons of finally moved on in clear skies and warmer weather is on the agenda. With that in mind and the seemingly new ability to use my chair I decided I would go to the credit union change my PIN number as well as pull out some cash so I'm not using my card as much. It was a nice morning for traveling I wanted to make sure that I used as many buses as possible just so that I wouldn't be burning a lot of battery time getting from A to B. So I caught the bus outside my apartment dropped off at the community college then picked up 47 westbound to the bank I barely used 3/10 of a mile which I think is good. I did some exploration of the junk store and kind of enjoyed myself as the community tend to dry out from the storms.


I got off the vehicle / bus at 5600 South and got a sandwich at the smoked ham joint which was okay not as good as I would have liked it to be but it was time out and time for me. Following my time at the sandwich place I just went back home and hung out for the rest of the day enjoying the sunshine sitting out and reading a little bit and dozing more than anything else. It's another one of those days for I think I should be doing more but finally I say why? I'm doing just fine as it is

No comments: