Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Some Rainy Discomfort

 I wore a long sleeve shirt today because I wasn't certain how chilly it was going to be. Not only was it overcast but there was precipitation as well. Luckily, I did not get caught in a lot of rain mainly just sprinkles but still uncomfortable getting wet is never appreciated when it's unwanted. I have to admit the long sleeve was uncomfortable but I was glad that I had it by the time the day was over. I am going to have to consider either getting a few fall and winter clothes or where in the old ones I have already but I think I'm getting a little tired of those. I would really like to find some things that fit and looked okay on me. I really need a closed coach that there is such a thing.


I got an email today from the Independent Living Center, that place I've just become a board member of and if I used to work for a number of decades. Interestingly it was a quasi invitation to their summer camp out evening. I'm sure it's something that good board members are going to go to which is a ride up the canyon and then I can't fire a cookout and I think some people even spend the night none of which sounds interesting to me. It would be difficult for me to get there but that's a poor excuse for the Independent Living Center because they would probably happily transport me and I don't know about camping out and what kind of support systems they have but it sounds very intimidating to me. I never took advantage or did the camp out but I work there. The rest of the staff sure did but I was willing to work support from the office especially keeping the office open answering phones and doing General coverage and whatever prep that I could be useful at but jumping down around the buses and going on the out bound trip to wherever they go that wasn't for me and and I doubt I would have done it had I been able bodied who knows? But, I guess that issue I need to rethink my willingness to serve on this board particularly if they want an active person doing a lot of stuff with consumers. Probably wouldn't hurt me to be more involved and doing more stuff and maybe that's what I need to be doing. I'm just not up for it right this second. Maybe once I get my regular power chair back with all the amenities working maybe that might help but the actual going up to the canyon hanging out for a hot dog dinner I can't see that flying too well with me. I'm just an old stick in the mud. Maybe if I'd been more involved this kind of stuff with Denise as well as Dianne they would have kept me around. I Feel Like lyrics of the song about not being any fun anymore. That's a trick this old dog I don't think going to pick up anytime soon.



No comments: