Sunday, August 13, 2023

Watermelon Cut

 Aside from a great breakfast with Mark Anthony this morning I really didn't do a whole lot today except enjoy the day. I really only had one meal today since the breakfast was fairly large at the restaurant nothing significant just some kind of omelette and pancakes. Oh, and of course coffee. The granddaughter is in North Carolina this weekend with one of her sisters. Hopefully she'll be back next week. As I said the rest of the day I read a little bit of course and then I actually did more work than I really like to do on a Sunday and I cleaned off the table a little bit and cut up the watermelon or at least half the watermelon. I got the watermelon in a couple days ago and I've been somewhat intimidated to process the piece of fruit or just flat out two tired after some of the days I had this last week.


Like I said the table has become once again a focal point where everything is deposited when I come in the front door with the apartment. This is also where I do a lot of my morning puzzles. So after I cleaned off a fairly decent space I then moved the watermelon from one side of the table to the other and this time or this melon I actually found a good sized washcloth or maybe it was a small hand towel to put underneath the watermelon to catch the juice as I cut into the fruit. Usually I have a handful of paper towels that seem to be totally soaked almost immediately on cutting the villain. But today, to my Pleasant surprise, the towel worked really well not only stabilizing the watermelon but catching a lot of the liquid which there really wasn't a lot and I'm still scratching my head about that. As I did with the last watermelon I cut it lengthwise and took the half that I wasn't going to use today wrapped it up in cling wrap and threw it back in the refrigerator the rest I cut the half of watermelon and half again then cut slices off and put them in a polyethylene cake top container. It's oblong and about 4 in deep and maybe 18 in Long or a little bit shorter. Then I cut the two remaining pieces into smaller slices like triangle slices and cut them off of the watermelon rind which which I didn't put on or in the containers fast the lid on and put it in the refrigerator. My only regret was that I did not do this earlier I was not totally pleased with the watermelon itself. It tasted okay but was getting a little sloppy not the firm Red watermelon that I really like. I also think once the watermelons in the refrigerator for a period of time it'll be it'll be possible. It'll be good with cheese sharp cheddar. I had all kinds of things I could eat besides the watermelon I still have steak left over from Thursday night and then I also have the potatoes I baked which I cut into slices that I'm intending to possibly fry up with some eggs in the near future I also cooked the Jimmy Dean sausage I picked up at the throwaway meat section of my local market so I had things I can peace on but I just, like I said, wasn't very hungry probably due to the fact that the breakfast was kind of large and I didn't want to push more stuff into my colon that might not be wise before tomorrow morning and my Monday morning evacuation of my bowels. So, I watched part of a Marvel movie tonight and that was enough to get me over my fixation to think that I need to watch a movie every night and I'm just enjoying a quiet evening now with my tablet and my bedroom..

No comments: