Saturday, September 28, 2024

A pretty good day

 This month is rapidly drawing to a close. Today was beautiful temperatures almost in the 90s and I should have been out on the bus line doing something rather than being in the apartment for most of the day. I'm trying to get the October mail out done and ready to go out by Monday morning. So I spent all day working on the mail out. I pretty much had the letters dictated ready to be printed so the big Quest was how am I going to print. It seems that should be the same every single month but I always get to this point and have to figure out how to do things all over again because weird things will have happened during the month. Sometimes I get kicked out of the software I use and have to find a new or create a new password. This drives me crazy and takes time and frustration. I finally got the letters pretty much written and then to some degree gone through and did some corrections that blatantly needed done. Then I had to go through the same process as far as actually printing the documents. I have for the last couple of months unable to use my tablet which has been a great help. I didn't plan it this way but for some reason my printer suddenly was able to read commands from my Samsung tablet and I could just dictate the letters to the tablet and then print the letters from the tablet straight to the printer. I hope that's clear enough for you to understand. But of course today Something's Happened and my printer no longer reads my tablet for whatever reason. So, I spent time trying to find out what the problem was with my tablet and then I had an idea. Sometime during this last month I realize that the writing software I'm using to write these documents it's basically Google Docs and I wondered if I downloaded Google docs to this tablet would it read all of the documents I've written in Google Docs everywhere and to my amazement I downloaded Google Docs on my desktop computer and sure enough there they were all the documents I've written in Google Docs there and ready to be printed. This of course took time to figure this out but once I did printing was a breeze and I was able to get not only the letters printed but I also got the envelopes printed as well. This evening I spent folding the letters and stuff in them into envelopes. Now I just have to stuff the envelopes with money for those who get it every month, apply stamps then seal up the envelopes. It's late now almost 10:00 p.m. and I'm ready for bed. Tomorrow as usual I have an 8:00 a.m. Sunday breakfast with some of my kids at a local restaurant. So hopefully tomorrow afternoon or evening I'll be able to lick and seal the envelopes shut. Part of the envelopes have those strips on the back that you peel off and it's supposed to stick to seal the envelope. However I sense these envelopes are pretty old and whatever glue was there is very unsticky. So I'm playing with the idea of opening or unclogging one of the bottles of Elmer glue I have kicking around and using it to seal those self-adhesive envelopes..


So even though I didn't get out and roused about a little bit out in the Glorious Sun I feel fairly accomplished being able to get 98% of the mail out attended to. It was a pretty good day …


No comments: