Thursday, September 26, 2024

Keeping occupied




I was feeling artsy fartsy the other day so I took this image and edited it and thought I would add it to my blog tonight. I was hanging out at the IHC Medical Campus and had about 45 minutes before my appointment so I was trying to fill in time and keep myself occupied and out of trouble. This can be challenging at places like this. I'm on the 8th floor of this relatively large building, for Murray utah, being seen by my internist basically just as a follow-up so I wasn't really into any stress as I usually am when I go to these things. Right now I've got no issues to report so I was laying on my back looking up and saw this shiny object and it was the surveillance bulb or whatever they call it. One of the cameras they have all around this Hospital and doctor's office building. I wasn't sure how good an image would result from this and so I took a number of clicks and rendered the document above as the best and then cropped it down to where you could actually see that I was laying back in my chair looking up with my camera/ cell phone doing the basics. I really like doing this kind of stuff I really should do it more often.


It's Thursday so that means it's Coffee Day at least what they call the coffee social. It was not very well attended today and that says something about the event in general. We did some socialization and that was about it I was free for the rest of the day except for meeting with a friend of mine around 2:00. She was the creator of an acting company that we both participated in a couple decades ago. She is a real actress and I am not an actor though I went along with the group because at the time I was using the group as a class at the organization I worked with. We are trying to put together some small plays with people with disabilities. We became an acting company around that. Of time and we did some small place here and there but never at the pace and level that she would have liked. She is the kind of actor that lives for acting and she's good at it. She writes plays as well as acts them. It's a shame because over the years she's put together a couple of good groups of people that none of them had the same drive that she has in acting. We usually come together for a specific project and then disband. We also work together on some literary type projects and what is left is a three member crew that meet periodically for lunch and discuss what we're writing on if we are writing it all. The other two are usually writing but I am somewhat neglectful and I feel somewhat guilty for not keeping up my end of the deal. I think the other two characters carry me along think of that sooner or later I will break through this barrier I seem to have right now and produce something rich and wonderful I don't think it's going to happen…🤔 

No comments: