Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Techno frustration in the little bit of chili beans

I really do like technology most of the time but there are a few moments that just drive me crazy and one of them is the case of Disappearing emails or messages. I've just spent an hour trying to find a message that was sent me a couple weeks ago or maybe days ago regarding a doctor's appointment I have tomorrow. I really hate this new thing that doctors are doing that is requesting that you fill out these forms electronically before you show up for the doctor's office appointment. I have course kind of freak out when I get the message and then I cannot find them when it's time to fill it out the night before. Of course that's what I've been doing trying to search all of my documents to find out what I need to be doing before tomorrow's appointment. I know it came in through messages but I can't find it anywhere in messages so I checked the emails just in case and it's not there. I've checked everywhere I can't find it which basically means that I'm going to have to just show up tomorrow and chagrinley confess that I didn't fill out the document. When this happens before they always just sort of shrug their shoulders and say okay we can go do that now. Then I give the information and she writes it down and I wait for the doctor's appointment to start. I even went to my medical file online which I never do I had to really go through the whole process of finding my username and then developing a brand new password which I know I will forget our contaminate by the time I need to use the service again. However I did find that when I finally did get into my email medical folder it was pretty good. I never read it just because it's always full of bad news but not this time. One of the doctor's notes just recently indicates that I have done really well on my anemia issue. In fact I'm no longer anemic he still wants me on the dosage of iron for the next couple of months but that's really good news plus there's really good news on the diabetic situation. I need to read it again just to be sure I'm okay on that level but I still need to set up an appointment to get my diabetes training complete. This should be something I'm going to have to live with for ever now probably.


I spent a good part of the day away from the apartment- which is good isn't it? After all I must maintain my illusion that I'm important enough to be gone to meetings all the time. I had my usual weekly meeting down at assist. It was different than usual because I was invited to the staff luncheon they have one every month and everyone brings something to the event. I didn't have to. It was good there's a theme to each event of course this one is fall or pumpkin there's pumpkin soup pumpkin flapjacks and other things pumpkin that I didn't really partake of however they did bring homemade chili which was pretty good actually. Kind of reminded me of my mom's chili from the old days. I was impressed because jason, the director of the private nonprofit assist brought the chili in and he made it from scratch I mean he actually soaked the beans overnight or whatever it takes to get them soft for the chili which my family used to do. I've got a number of bags of red beans but I've never gotten the routers actually soaking them and then using them that way. I prefer the cans a red beans that I get either from the giveaway table or from the market. I currently have a case of red beans I purchased last month which lasts I should last a great while. It was nice seeing homemade red beans jelly I'm going to have to do it one of these first weeks when it gets cold and I want a blast from the past.., 

No comments: