Thursday, January 21, 2010

It Should Be Fun

As many readers know I have been interviewing for a year now over on Ustream..TV. I have been interviewing folks who work in programs which serve people with disabilities. The show is called Access Utah Now. I have quite enjoyed the project. I have also been trying to start a program on the private side called Meadowlark’s World, which would me interviews with people (mostly with disabilities) who have significant impact on me and my life. I have been dragging my feet on this show but maybe that is going to change.

A couple weeks ago was contacted by a person with a disability new in the city trying to make it in this city. He is here living by himself, having to purchase and rely on attendant care a and public transportation, all of which can be expensive. Last week I was supposed to have had a broadcast but because I was out ill that broadcast did not happen. I tried to get one for today but the times just did not work but I was called this morning by this guy with a disability trying to survive in Salt Lake City and as we talked I figured why not? Why not start an interview with him and follow his adventure of relocating to Salt Lake City. So hopefully today will be then first show. I will interview and see where we go from there. It really should be fun.

No comments: