Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just Thinking

For the first time I am beginning to get a bit worried about what is going to happen at this years legislature. The talk is the legislature is going to take a government which has already been cut and further decimate it; and though have been dancing like Bart Simpson and have to date dodged the “recession ball” I think I am going to get hit this time. Worse case scenario where my job would go away, I would work till the end of the State’s fiscal year which ends in the end of June. A lot can happen before then which might change everything. I am not going to count on a “good” ending to this problem and I am going to have to start putting out feelers for something I could do if unemployed.

It has been a ‘life-time’, twenty-years, since I was last unemployed and what I remember I didn’t like. I cannot imagine myself out of work but that just may happen!! I have to now do some checking in to social Security to see how long it would take to get back on SSI/SSDI, and the big question if I chose to go that path could/would I bring in enough money combined with D’s to survive? I am just not sure how long it would take for the funding to start. I could try looking for work, but I don’t think anyone is hiring anybody. I have some contacts which, I think might consider me but that is hard to tell and maybe hard to sell. Maybe, I could get something part-time and try t live on reduced money and probably no benefits. Maybe something in the area of housing or transportation and disability since that is what I pretty much know; or maybe try something totally new but which might be fun…like broadcast radio or television.. I really believe the economy is trying to turn round and I think if I can just tread water long enough I could be working full time again and fairly soon. Then there is always the option of the ‘early retirement’ and live the good life, getting up a little bit later and just hanging round the house all day and still keep my volunteer work going strong. That maybe a good life or, I could always n go back to telemarketing or some other form of sales. I believe I can still sell—hey, a job is a job.

My buddy Frank was in the hospital over the weekend and now is at home resting—a routine check up turned into a couple day stay when the docs found that Frank’s heart was not all that it should be. We almost lost him and I don’t think the man is “out of the woods yet. Just like that he could be gone, I COULD BE GONE!! So maybe I should step down and enjoy what life I have left however long that I have. Really, this is not all that morbid…just real.

No comments: